I’m working on some more charts and data to put the recent CAAR Market Report into the appropriate context. Writing a story/analysis that will speak to the broadest section of the Charlottesville real estate market is a nearly-impossible task as every buyer and seller has different situations, goals and life circumstances. When I consult with clients and potential clients, I provide more than financial and real estate guidance, but I try to offer life guidance as well, laying out different scenarios that they may not have considered.
Each property provides different opportunities and challenges.
Date range: Comparing 1 March 2010 – 11 April 2010 and 1 March 2011 – 11 April 2011
Single family homes:
- far fewer homes have come on the market (163)
- 11 fewer homes have gone under contract
- 9 fewer have sold
- 9 fewer have come on the market
- 24 fewer have gone under contract
- 6 more have sold in this timeframe
- 1/3 fewer have come on the market
- 8 fewer have gone under contract
- 8 fewer have sold