These are a few stories I’m reading/processing/mulling as 2013 begins. I’m working on the 2012 real estate market summary and 2013 real estate market predictions â€¦ coming soon.
- 5 Types Of Buyers Will Be Rushing Into The Housing Market In 2013 (I don’t think “rushing” is the valid term for the Charlottesville market, particularly as this story could have been written in 2012 with reasonable speculation; now it reads with more confidence.
- Recap: Five Housing Issues to Watch in 2013 – I’m not quite sold that we’re at bottom, but I think we’re darn close. (Hopefully)
- Sales Ratio: Existing to New Homes – The Charlottesville area is set to have a ton of new homes in 2013. Good, bad, ugly, it’s going to happen
- Human Settlement Patterns – Mapping the Census: A Dot for Every Person – Just because this is an incredible display of the US population. (zoom into the Charlottesville area)
- 16 Things About 2013 That Are Really Going To Stink Sadly, all of these are likely true and accurate. I’m baffled that seemingly no one is concerned about America’s crumbling infrastructure.
- The echo housing bubble across the United States â€“ Rising home prices in the face of stagnant household incomes. How the Fed is manipulating the monthly payment to keep home prices inflated. – Look. The jackasses in Washington are going to do what they do – protect themselves and their funders. If you want/need a home, consider purchasing. And then make the best decision you can based on the information you have.
– 5 Real Estate Trends to Look For in 2013 We’ll see.
Please pardon my cynicism.