â€œWe donâ€™t want to restrict growth, and I think saying â€˜no growthâ€™ is absurd,â€ Duncan said. â€œI think saying â€˜unbridled growthâ€™ is equally absurd. Somewhere in the middle, between those two extremes, there has to be some sort of solution.â€
- Buyer psychology and reading buyers – being able to read and guide buyers is a critical skill. This is one reason that I don’t know what my buyer clients want until we’ve gone out once or twice.
- Housing has been booming! Construction jobs havenâ€™t. Hereâ€™s why. – I’d be curious to see data this localized to the Charlottesville area market (and out of area contractors don’t count). The Charlottesville area didn’t seen larger construction companies laying off people so much as it saw a reduction in the number of construction companies – big and small.
- I’m really proud of the community that’s been built around RealCrozetVA (including RealCrozetVA on twitter & Facebook) – it hasn’t been deliberate other than I’ve wanted to build something for the good of Crozet. That said, this is an interesting post on how to build a community on a blog.
- Hashtags considered #harmful – I’d argue that #hashtags are less harmful than #tinylinks – urls shortened by a service like goo.gl, bit.ly, etc – once those short links expire (of the service providing them expires) – those links are gone.
- Home Value Highest Since â€™07 as U.S. Houses Make Cash – Keep in mind, this is a national report.
– My outline for for April’s monthly note is taking shape â€¦ if you’re interested in reading a somewhat more personal, not-published-anywhere-else note from me, I’d be honored if you’d choose to read it.