Last year, Good Housekeeping said that Charlottesville was a happy place to live. This year, Harvard researchers have noted that Charlottesville is the "happiest city" in which to live. Read More
A few weeks ago I wrote about the Questions Buyers Should be Asking.This year, Reddit provides another great discussion that should be Read More
- Total sales in the MSA are down just a bit. I suspect due to the extended cold and snow.
- Contracts written are up - way up. 24% in the Charlottesville MSA, 26% in Albemarle County, and 13% in the City of Charlottesville.
- If there was enough good inventory Read More
Assessed values in the City of Charlottesville and County of Albemarle are up across the board and now the respective localities have voted to increase taxes - The City is raising is meals tax 1% and the Read More
I’m planning to dig into the data a bit more than usual as we’ve just ended the first quarter of 2015 and there have been some interesting new trends and surprises. As the outline is developing, I’m sorting what to cut and what to write about here on RealCentralVA; I’m aiming to cover 3-4 topics this month.
- The Charlottesville real estate market - 1st Quarter
- Perhaps an in-person happy hour to discuss the market. Interested?
- Dual Agency (recognition by clients about Nest’s Read More