Some somewhat random data musing for the day -- (when I initially wrote the headline, I was including new construction ... which massively increases the totals). Excluding new construction, City of Charlottesville has 184 homes on the market - highest is $2.75mil, lowest is $69k. Total is $78 mil.— Jim Duncan (@JimDuncan) May 26, 2015 Last year in the City of Charlottesville, 517 homes (condos + attached + single family) sold - the median price was about $262k Read More
Just a suggestion - if you’re considering buying a house in the Charlottesville area in the next 18 months, visit a Wegmans first. Apparently Wegmans is the best thing since sliced bread, and I’ve found that one of the primary triangles in my clients’ lives (work, home, grocery …) tends to Read More
Here's the map from above, if you're interested. 29 North is soon to get more houses.* 29 North will continue to be either one of the first areas ruled into the search by my buyer clients or the first to be ruled out. Note - I don’t intend for this to be anything other than an observation about the coming 600-800 new homes at 29 and Polo Grounds Road; the Read More
- Total sales in the MSA are down just a bit. I suspect due to the extended cold and snow.
- Contracts written are up - way up. 24% in the Charlottesville MSA, 26% in Albemarle County, and 13% in the City of Charlottesville.
- If there was enough good inventory Read More
I’m planning to dig into the data a bit more than usual as we’ve just ended the first quarter of 2015 and there have been some interesting new trends and surprises. As the outline is developing, I’m sorting what to cut and what to write about here on RealCentralVA; I’m aiming to cover 3-4 topics this month.
- The Charlottesville real estate market - 1st Quarter
- Perhaps an in-person happy hour to discuss the market. Interested?
- Dual Agency (recognition by clients about Nest’s Read More