29 is changing. What’s that mean?
- Lots of money is going to be spent.
- 29 is going to be more challenging for a number of years.
- Hopefully things will be better and more efficient when they’re finished.
- Page 6 of this PDF shows the roads that will touched by the $203 million – Hillsdale, Berkmar, 29 North, Rio, Hydraulic and the Best Buy ramp. Plus funding for Amtrak to DC (which I think is super-cool).
K. Burnell Evans reports that: (read the whole thing)
Albemarle County supervisors decided Tuesday to back a $203-million plan to address congestion and mobility on Albemarle County’s main artery.
Two hundred and three million dollars. To fix 29 North.
If you’re curious to learn more:
- Download the PDF of the final proposed plan.
- Read the thoughts at the Free Enterprise Forum.
And the PEC’s perspective (sketches are fun):