Weekly if not daily, I’m reminded that Charlottesville is a great place with people who are interested and invested in making Charlottesville a better place.
Cville Bike Lab is one of those “makes Charlottesville a better place” things.
If you have just under five minutes to spare, watch Spencer describe:
– What the Cville Bike Lab is
– What the Cville Bike Lab’s goals are
– The growing bicycle community in Charlottesville
– The coming peer to peer bike lending/sharing program (think airbnb for bicycles) and the sharing/interaction that will come from that exchange
– The part at 4:21 reminds me of something a friend is doing in Atlanta at a bank, Acru Wealth.
These are a few related links to stories about bicycling and such:
– If walkability increases property values, it makes sense that bikeability will as well.
– Green Scene Blog: Biking is all about infrastructure
Connections are a funny thing. I met Spencer via Twitter. I asked if anyone around Downtown Charlottesville had a bike pump. The next thing I knew, two people had recommended the Cville Bike Lab.
* I’m sorry about the sound; the mic was giving me fits.