I frequently tell my clients that at any given time, UVA has a couple hundred million dollars of construction underway. Turn out, I wasn’t far off.
Pace Lochte, UVA’s director of economic development, said that a â€œminiature intelligence communityâ€ is developing around NGIC and the North Fork Research Park. She said NGIC and other intelligence agencies are interested in using UVA as a resource.
â€œThe sky’s the limit in terms of what the community and the DIA can do together,â€ Lochte said.
â€œThis is the kind of development and economic improvement that every community in this country would just die to have it come into their community,â€ Sandridge added.
List of construction projects at UVA:
- Claude Moore Education Buildingâ€“ operational by May 2010
- Bavarro Hall â€“ complete by August 2010
- First two buildings of the South Lawn Project operational by January 2010, rest in July 2010
- Emily Couric Clinical Cancer Center â€“ operational by April 2011
- Four new Alderman Road dorms to be built in two phases (2 in May 2011, 2 in June 2013)
- Information Technology and Communication Data Center â€“ operational by May 2011
- Bookstore expansion â€“ operational by summer 2011
- Rice Hall (engineering building) on Whitehead and Stadium Road â€“ operational in August 2011
- College of Arts and Sciences Research Building (currently unnamed) â€“ operational by August 2011
- Rehearsal space on Culbreth Road â€“ operational by 2011
- 72-bed intensive care unit expansion at UVA Medical Center â€“ complete by January 2012
Search for homes for sale around the University of Virginia: