The past thirty days – and especially the past seven – in the Charlottesville MLS showed quite an increase in the moving median average home price. The questions are:
– What will the next 90 days look like?
– The next 900?
– Signs? Your answer is signs?
– Facebook. Not so open. Or trusted.
– Do we need a “unified database of places”? I think so; but by whom?
– If the TSA were Running New York. Every American should read and understand that we don’t have to allow ourselves to be terrorized – by terrorists or our government.
The point of terrorism is not to “destroy.” It is to terrify. And for eight and a half years now, the dominant federal government response to terrorist threats and attacks has been to magnify their harm by increasing a mood of fear and intimidation. That is the real case against the ludicrous “orange threat level” announcements we hear every three minutes at the airport. It’s not just that they’re pointless, uninformative, and insulting to our collective intelligence; it’s that their larger effect is to make people feel frightened rather than brave.
Now, about that year moving median:
How’s that for volatility?