It’s been five days since I switched and while I miss the simplicity of my Blackberry – it does email and phone calls extremely well – So far I’m happy that I decided to buy the Droid Pro.
Here’s why I switched:
- I’ve wanted an iPhone, but AT&T coverage in the greater Charlottesville area stinks. I need my phone to work. You know – the part where I can call somebody – and Verizon has the best cell coverage in the Charlottesville area. The Phone Call is not (yet) Dead in my world.
- The keyboard & the size. Finally, an Android phone with a keyboard + it’s a reasonable size. The Droid X is massive, and while beautiful, doesn’t fit well in my pocket.
- My clients are using iPhones and Androids, and Blackberry just can’t compete. Yet.
- The apps. These are my apps, if you’re interested. The breadth and depth of apps just aren’t available on the Blackberry.
- Two apps of note:
- I can search the Charlottesville MLS much more efficiently now. Rather than the dumbed-now mobile version, I have full access.
- This is crucial.
- A better camera. I do a lot of mobile uploads, and the 5 meg camera, while not the 8 meg on the Droid X, is better than the 2 meg on my BB.
- Qik – I’m going to be testing this soon. (more on this later)
- Skype is a bit better on the Android, I think.
- I wanted something new. I knew the Blackberry, but it was tired, and I love playing with new things. Sue me.
I know this – visitors to RealCentralVA.com are using mobile devices* – and I’d like to encourage more. 🙂
1 – iPhone
2 – iPad
3 – Android
4 – Blackberry
5 – iPod
6 – Samsung
* They’re so much more than phones.
** Don’t tell the TSA that I have a Droid.