From a client:
Was wondering if you could recommend someplace to cut-your-own Christmas tree farm? Also, where would a cute little 4yr old boy find Santa in C’ville? Lastly, any Christmas activites/events that are a must go to??
I’m wondering, too – where is the best “real” Santa in the Charlottesville area?
There are so many options, too many really, so here are a few of my picks –
(( Update 29 October 2012: I’ll be updating this post in about a month with events for 2012 ))
- 3 December – It’s a Wonderful Life at the Paramount.
- We saw Elf at the Paramount last week; it’s great experience to see a movie here. (parents can get beer, too!)
- 3 December – Toy Lift.
- 5 December – Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and The Year Without Santa Claus – at the Paramount
- 5 December – Santa Claus is coming to Trailside Coffee in Crozet!
- Today through 2 January – The Twelve Dates of Christmas, The Santaland Diaries, A Christmas Carol – at the American Shakespeare Center in Staunton
And finally – the rumors swirl each year –
Of course Chalbemarle is the center of the universe. Whatever town can say a doctor suess story was based on their town. Seriously though, is the Grinch based on Charlottesville? Whoville=Hooville, Moutain Grinch lives on = Monticello Moutain, Insanely perfect town=Charlottesville???
Is it true?
Are Grinches from Cville?
Was Dr. Seuss a Hoo?
Closer to no,
But it’s kinda cool,
To think that it’s so.