I’ve always liked the Belvedere neighborhood; I think it’s a great place – great neighborhood, great location and well-designed energy efficient houses.
â€œThe homes are built right by the sidewalk and you can talk to the neighbors when they walk by,â€ said Perpetua, who is retired and moved here from Pittsburgh. â€œIt’s just a different kind of community.â€
Another part of this urban vision is a â€œcivic core,â€ modeled as a public square, which will include a community meeting space, a Montessori school and facilities for the Soccer Organization of Charlottesville-Albemarle.
SOCA plans to locate its new headquarters in Belvedere and also has three separate parcels in the works for the neighborhood â€” a covered indoor field and training facility, a lit all-weather artificial turf field and four natural grass fields.
Bill Mueller, executive director of SOCA, said that final approval for the offices and indoor field in the first parcel was â€œimminentâ€ and that SOCA would soon start a $4 million fundraising campaign for the facility.
Last night I had an extended conversation via the handy-dandy “Live Support” widget you see to the right with someone about the Belvedere neighborhood. We talked about a lot and I referenced a lot of stories. I thought recapturing those links would be helpful, both for me as a resource, and you as a reader (and prospective buyers)– The Belvedere blog
– Belvedere in Charlottesville â€“ Now Growing. Fast (May 2011)
– Buying new construction without a Realtor? Read this first! – New construction buyers need buyer representation, in different ways than buyers of resale homes and land.
– (Single Agent) Dual Agency – Who Benefits? Answer: Not the buyer or seller.
– Homebuyers â€“ Caution on Radon, Builders’ Reps and No Representation – This is a cautionary tale. Keep in mind that builders’ reps are not there to represent buyers – they are there to sell houses.
– I give different advice to clients than I do (or can ) to customers. There are very important and stark differences between customers and clients.
This is Belvedere in January 2008: