– Days on Market (an inherently flawed data point, yet still relevant trend) are down in Charlottesville, Albemarle and Fluvanna.
– Average Sales prices are down (not surprising)
– Total sales across the MSA are down (not surprising)
– More buyers are looking to be closer in/closer to stuff
– Good properties are selling and selling quickly
– Interest rates remain low – a good thing for buyers.
– I think we may have pulled the spring market forward a bit; the early spring may have pulled transactions into the earlier months of the year.
Dead simple Takeaways:
– Buyers: do your due diligence, don’t let emotion enter the equation and make sound, rationale decisions with the intent of holding the property for at least five to seven years
– Sellers: do your due diligence and realize that buyers most often don’t have to buy, but want to buy – it’s your job to make them want to buy your house. This means: price, presentation, perfection â€¦ and a great location and setting.