Dig in. Ask me questions. Or call/text - 434-242-7140 . Download the 2018 Annual Nest Report for Charlottesville; we've made some changes, such as average age of home in a particular area (29 North: 1997, Crozet, 2001), average home size in each sub-area, and percentage of homes less than 5 years old (Crozet: 40.7%), Earlysville: 7.8%). Check it out. If you'd like a hard copy, Read More
Originally posted at RealCrozetVA. Sales are slowing, inventory is creeping up, new construction is moving along, and we're seeing price moderations. Every micro-market is different. Each market within Charlottesville and Albemarle that I work has unique aspects.
- Forest Lakes is affected by NGIC, UVA Research Park, Target, etc.
- Redfields and Mill Creek by Wegmans, Alamo Drafthouse, Biscuit Run Read More
Update 10 September Looking at the 2017 market (a very active market) for some context:
- In Charlottesville + Albemarle, 2,379 homes sold via the MLS.
- 485 of those were new construction
- 1,894 were resales
- 737 of the 1,894 - 39% - were marked as vacant. Now I'm more curious - was the vacancy rate so high because sellers were so confident that they could sell?
Q: Is the Charlottesville Real Estate Market Turning? A: I don't know. Yet. I've been saying for months that a turn may be coming, and noted it in the July monthly note. And, I've been saying for years that I'll tell you in 18 months what today's market is actually doing. Hindsight is key; reading current indicators is critical.