Choosing a buyer’s agent is a challenging thing and should be among your first steps in the home buying process. I’ve put together six questions for you to ask when interviewing a buyer’s agent¦
In addition to the questions I posed in the linked story, here are some additional questions I would ask if I were hiring a buyer’s agent:
– Are you taking on new buyer clients right now?
– How many buyers are you working with right now?
– Do you use electronic signatures (if not, I wouldn’t work with that agent) (Update 29 December 2014 – while far, far more Realtors use electronic signature than did when I originally wrote this post, this is still an important question)
– What are your specialties? (first time homebuyers, green buyers, Crozet, Albemarle, etc)
– What do you think about Realtors?
– What does “representation” mean to you?
Candidly, I think I’m better qualified than most when it comes to interviewing a real estate agent; I practice real estate and interact with realtors every day â€¦ most people don’t.