Archives of my subscription-only monthly notes. The blog is more searchable. Interested in not waiting a few months to read it? Learn more here. For these posts, I don’t do much formatting/changing as I’m more concerned about having the content here.
Discussed: Note from Jim | August 2016 | Apology, Market, Own it, & Lead
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
- The Charlottesville Albemarle market is slowing, as it does every year.
- Sellers are debating pulling houses off market, and planning for Spring 2017.
- Buyers are either under contract, frustrated due to the continued lack of low inventory, frustrated to the lack of affordable housing, or are planning for the Spring.
They had neglected to put the extra insulation over the garage. We never would have known had he not told us. Insulation was there, but not what my clients had requested.
He owned it, acknowledged, apologized, and offered a solution. The call wasn’t as bad as he had made it out to be.
We’ve all made that call. The hardest part is swallowing and hitting “talk.”
Lead is bad, and the more I learn about it, the more I advise awareness.
Why Lead Paint Still Haunts Industrial Cities in the U.S. — “One milligram of dust. That’s all the lead it takes to poison a child—the equivalent of three granules of sugar.”
I remarked to a client about my (and our collective) growing recognition of the dangers posed by lead-based paint. She remarked unhesitatingly, and soberingly, something to the effect, “oh, yes, I know about lead; I work a lot of death penalty cases.” Yeah. Lead is bad.
What I’m reading
- Ray Kurzweil: The world isn’t getting worse — our information is getting better
- Radon Levels Up After Virginia Earthquake
- “Bike racing at its finest.”
- Airbnb’s racism problem is much bigger than a few racist hosts.
- Yahoo lessons
Questions? Comments? Story ideas? Seeking representation?
Jim on: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Subscribe to RealCentralVA | Jim’s Instagram
Jim Duncan, Nest Realty, 126 Garrett Street Suite D, Charlottesville, VA 22902. Licensed real estate agent in Commonwealth of VA.