I’m watching with interest to see how many incoming UVA Medical Residents choose to purchase …
Traditionally UVA Resident comprise a fairly significant portion of the Charlottesville and Albemarle real estate market – generally at least three bedrooms, two baths (usually) no more than 20 minutes to the UVA Medical Center … usually not too old as Medical Residents tend to be quite busy … at the bottom of this post are a few homes that may meet some of their criteria …
This is going to be a telling year, as many of the outgoing UVA Residents are going to be selling and (some) incoming UVA Residents will be buying. Anecdotally, far fewer folks are buying than have in previous years.
Charlottesville is transient by nature, and for many, renting will prove to be a better decision.
stmiles: It’s finally here… today is Match Day! Five hours until the Big Reveal.jessicaesquire: I try not to use twitter like a 12-year-old girl, but I am so tempted to write an entire tweet of “MATCH DAY” all in caps and nothing else.
Match Day posts from previous years -
- UVA Match Day 2009
- This is a comprehensive post I wrote earlier this year about Match Day in Charlottesville
- This is a useful Charlottesville relocation map I did using Google’s MyMaps … and it’s what I do on real maps when I’m meeting with clientsThanks to Ken Mextorf with SunTrust Mortgage for the following post:* In response to various questions from potential buyer clients who were hoping to Match at the UVA Medical School, I asked Ken to write this for me.
Graduating medical school students have just gone through “Match Day” where they have found what hospitals and Residency programs they have been paired with. Current Residents and Interns who are finishing up their programs are ready to venture out and embark on their new medical careers. For many of these new Doctors relocation is part of their new life.
For those looking to buy a new home, SunTrust mortgage Doctors Loan program provides;
- Financing up to 100% of the sales price of a new home.
- Loan amounts up to;
- $417,000 for Residents and Interns
- $1.5 million for licensed medical Physicians
- Fixed and Adjustable rate mortgages
- No mortgage insurance (PMI)
- Special banking relationships and discounts
If now is the right time for you to buy speak to your local SunTrust Mortgage specialist and learn more about the Doctors Loan program and how it can work for you.
* Yes, I know this reads like an ad for SunTrust’s Doctor’s Loan program. It’s intended to answer questions, and Ken happens to have a great program that is useful for UVA Medical Residents and Doctors. Why wouldn’t I write about a lender I recommend?
Sorted by Walkscore -
1 - 5 of 112.
See more Home for UVA Medical Residents.
(all data current as of 4/30/2013)
$210,000 : 911 Paoli St, CHARLOTTESVILLE (CITY OF)5 beds, 2 full baths
$199,900 : 126 Birdwood Ct, CHARLOTTESVILLE (CITY OF)3 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$199,900 : 1421 Ricky Rd, CHARLOTTESVILLE (ALBEMARLE)3 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$289,900 : 128 Brandywine Ct, CHARLOTTESVILLE (CITY OF)3 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.