Choosing a buyer’s agent is a challenging thing … and should be among your first steps in the home buying process. I’ve put together six questions for you to ask when interviewing a buyer’s agent …
In addition to the questions I posed in the linked story, here are some additional questions I would ask if I were hiring a buyer’s agent:
- Are you taking on new buyer clients right now?
- How many buyers are you working with right now?
- Do you use electronic signatures (if not, I wouldn’t work with that agent)
- What are your specialties? (first time homebuyers, green buyers, Crozet, Albemarle, etc)
- What do you think about Realtors?
- What does “representation” mean to you?
Candidly, I think I’m better qualified than most when it comes to interviewing a real estate agent; I practice real estate and interact with realtors every day … most people don’t.