Responding to an incoming visitor via this search phrase: good things about being a real estate agent
1) Set your own hours (usually 24/7)
2) Time with family (and the occasional country drive to preview properties). The ability to coach my daughter’s soccer team two days a week and attend all of her games (I’ve missed one in five years) is invaluable. Besides, I sponsor her team!
3) Wake up every day with a fear and determination to earn.
4) Help people (usually nice ones!)
5) Choose those with whom you work
6) Personally, I have a passion for this business. I absolutely love the daily challenges. For learning, sharing, helping and helping others succeed, be they new agents, first-time homebuyers, savvy relocating retirees … the potential for a feeling of profound satisfaction is one of the forces driving me each and every day. The constant challenge of not being consumed by the business is a major component of real estate; I could talk real estate and the associated subjects – politics, taxes, land use, home owners’ associations – all day long, much to the chagrin of my wife.
So long as I have the passion, I will continue to do what I do.
Now, if I could only figure out how to get paid to blog …