What factors do buyers consider when relocating (to Charlottesville/Albemarle)?
Inspired by a conversation at Roost’s Facebook page, my answer to the question was:
- Internet Accessibility – the Charlottesville/Albemarle region does not have 100% coverage. Help, Google?
- Local Politics – democrats? republicans? agnostic?
- Are the people open-minded?
- Growth patterns
- Growth management
- Water infrastructure
- Public transit availability – Charlottesville has decent bus coverage.
- Proximity to work
- Who the neighbors are – are they at similar “life-stages” to you?
- Churches if that matters
- Proximity to grocery stores & coffee shops
- Are there bike lanes?
- Property taxes
- School budgets, school test scores, percentage of kids on free/reduced lunches
These are just some of the factors that my buyer clients have recently brought up. What are some other factors that you considered or think should be considered?