What factors do buyers consider when relocating (to Charlottesville/Albemarle)?
Inspired by a conversation at Roost’s Facebook page, my answer to the question was:
- Internet Accessibility – the Charlottesville/Albemarle region does not have 100% coverage. Help, Google?
- Local Politics – democrats? republicans? agnostic?
- Are the people open-minded?
- Growth patterns
- Growth management
- Water infrastructure
- Public transit availability – Charlottesville has decent bus coverage.
- Proximity to work
- Who the neighbors are – are they at similar “life-stages” to you?
- Churches if that matters
- Proximity to grocery stores & coffee shops
- Are there bike lanes?
- Property taxes
- School budgets, school test scores, percentage of kids on free/reduced lunches
These are just some of the factors that my buyer clients have recently brought up. What are some other factors that you considered or think should be considered?
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)