I’m going to try to pull some similar data for Charlottesville-Albemarle’s walkable areas, but don’t think the datasets are going to be there.
– Basically, every sport at UVA is great. Except for football and basketball. Congratulations, UVA Rowing team!
– What could possibly go wrong? Oh yeah, this: The Navy Bought Fake Chinese Microchips That Could Have Disarmed U.S. Missiles– I’m reading Eli Pariser’s The Filter Bubble, and it’s one of the most sobering, terrifying books I’ve ever read. You should read it too.
– Time to Close the Security Theater. Now, if only we could get our spineless politicians to do something about this. Abolish the TSA. Now. When my 7 year old was verbally assaulted by a TSA agent this year, I decided to not fly until the TSA was gone; this has been a very difficult decision for me, and very hard to stick to, but so far, my convictions have withstood the temptations to fly.
– Biking vs. Driving Calculator. I’m trying to drive less more often.
– The Bounce Back Buyers. If you were foreclosed on three or four years ago, you’re likely eligible to buy a home now. Good foresight, you.