Matt Hodges and I will be talking real estate and mortgages to Charlottesville’s newest radio station, 94.7 this Sunday (25 October, 2015) at 11am. As always, I’ll do a recap by Monday of the show topics we actually get to.
We’ve done this on WNRN once or twice a year, and have for several years now; it’s always a fun and too-fast hour of live radio. Live radio really is a bunch of fun; if the show takes phone calls, feel free to call in!
Some of the topics we’re bandying about — thoughts? Suggestions?
– New construction/development
– Deschutes brewery … (and the insanity of Albemarle County for not being welcoming to such a good employer) bolding mine “While Deschutes management is not commenting on possible locations, Charlottesville, Virginia, was once been believed to be in the mix.”
– TRID – TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosures – went live as of 10/3 for new loan applications. Loan Estimate replaces Good Faith Estimate and Truth in Lending. Closing Disclosure replaces HUD1 Settlement statement and Final Truth in Lending
– Federal Reserve deciding not to increase federal funds rate in September. Will they in October, in December or in 2016?
– Do they have to increase the Federal Funds rate in order to avoid having to use Quantitative Easing #4 in the future and instead drop federal funds rate to 0 or negative once the economy/markets collapse?
– There may be questions about whether we really need Fannie+Freddie
– Do people ask the political bearings of an area when shopping for a home? — I’ve written about this a couple times over the years: Will I fit in (politically, in this neighborhood?) and Politics – Will I fit in?
– How will the political leanings of a new President affect the market?
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)