Local politics, Deschutes Brewery, Charlottesville real estate market update, new mortgage regulations, fair housing, new construction — just a few of the topics we covered in just under an hour of live radio.
This past Sunday, Matt Hodges and I were on 94.7, one of ‘Charlottesville’s newest radio stations. They’re a bit of a startup station, and it was fun to be one of the first guests on Rick Moore’s show. As always, we covered a lot of stuff.
- Market update
- Crozet’s market update
- Preparing to sell a house in Charlottesville
- Albemarle County redistricting
- Unemployment rate and participation rate
- Since the height of the Great Recession in 2009, America’s unemployment rate has fallen from 10% to 6.1%. During this period, the labour-force participation rate—the share of the population 16 and over that is either working or looking for work—has fallen to 62.8 percent, a 36-year low.
- Using politics to choose where to live
- Will I fit in? (Politically)
- New mortgage disclosure rules – TRID
- Deschutes Brewery going to Asheville or Roanoke. Asheville shows how to woo.
- Local politics matter – download Charlottesville Tomorrow’s voter guides.