Where to get Christmas trees in Charlottesville? Apparently, the day after Thanksgiving is one of the most popular days to get a Christmas Tree. (additions/edits? email me or comment, please!)
My post from 2011 is mostly still accurate, but a few links are dead, so at a friend’s/client’s request, here is an list of places to get Christmas trees in Charlottesville (and surrounding counties, too!). Thanks to the Facebook & Twitter friends!)
Pick your own + pre-cut Christmas trees
- Ralph’s Christmas Trees in Nelson County – we went here for years; it’s wonderful, and you can stop at any of the breweries along the Brew Ridge Trail to make it a full day trip.
- Foxfire Farm in Buckingham County – “Open Friday November 20- December 22”
- Greene Meadows Farm in Greene – “One of the last choose and cut Christmas Tree Farms in Central Virginia!”
- Greene – Corner Store
- Skylark Christmas Tree Farm in Nelson
- Long Meadow Tree Farm in Waynesboro
- Crozet – Boy Scouts in Old Trail and in Great Valu shopping center (we’ve gotten ours from the Boy Scouts for the past few years)
- Ivy Corner Store, who apparently keep theirs in water, so they last longer (and are expensive)
- Earlysville – “The veterans sell beautiful trees for $55.” Near the Earlysville Animal Hospital
- Ivy Nursery
- An aggregated list of where to get Christmas trees in and around Charlottesville.
- Waynesboro Garden Center
- “If you get it from Gladden Fields in Red Hill then you can show your support for a landowner helping protect one of Albemarle’s most spectacular wetlands.”
Interestingly, two responses were for trees from the attic because of tree allergies. I’d never before thought about that.
- Whole Foods in Charlottesville – they used to (may still) plant a tree for every tree sold. I think we got one here one year.