Oh, Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree –
Where do you get Christmas trees in (around) Charlottesville?
The place where we used to cut ours when I was a kid is now a subdivision.
Here are a few Christmas tree farms where you can cut your own
– Ralph’s Christmas Trees in Nelson County
– Foxfire Farm in Buckingham County
– Bit-O-Honey Farm in Fishersville
– An aggregate site for pick your own Christmas trees
– Greene Meadows Farm in Greene County
– Kris Kringle’s Tree Farm in Nelson County
– Skylark Christmas Tree Farm in Nelson
– Long Meadow Tree Farm in Augusta County
(The ones in Nelson get my vote as they’re on the Brew Ridge Trail)
And here are a few favorites for pre-cut Christmas trees
– The Ivy Store on 250 West
– Boy Scouts’ locations all around town (we frequently get ours in from the ones in Crozet in the Great Valu parking lot)
– AM Fog in Nelson (just before Blue Mountain Brewery on 151)
– In Albemarle Square, they have trees and are a local family that has been selling trees and wreaths for over 100 years
– Mulch Monkeys in Fluvanna
– Charlottesville Whole Foods; apparently they also plant a tree for each one sold!
The ecowomen say real trees win the green competition with artificial trees Bad link; expired 147 days ago (as of 29 November 2015).