What’s the process and timeline for buying a home in Charlottesville? This is a rough guide that incorporates some of the steps. *
- Meet the Realtor (really, start here. Also, I am one.)
- Define your criteria (my survey is a good place to start)
- Prequalify with a good local lender
- Look at homes
- Refine your criteria
- Look at some more houses
- Make the offer.
- Settle inspection
- Lender stuff has been ongoing; ramps up now
- Loan commitment
- Quiet period
- Final Walkthrough
- Easy, right? (there’s more, too, but I though 18 was enough)
- Bonus: it seems easy on paper … it’s always way more stressful than this makes it seem.
Next: Selling a home timeline.
*I do these types of posts for a couple reasons
- I hope to help/educate some readers
- Helps me flesh out the timeline and understand clients’ expectations
- I’ll send this out to new buyer clients to help them get started.