- Good inventory is low
- New construction is good, and reasonably expensive
- We need more skilled labor to build houses
- Prices are up, mostly.
- Do your due diligence.
- Some houses are going super-fast, some are not
The real estate market in Charlottesville and Albemarle in 2019 was great for some, good for some, and less than expected for others. Pay attention to the real estate market information that affects you. The reports linked below are relevant insofar as they matter with respect to overall real estate trends for our market. Not the Commonwealth of Virginia, not the US, not Culpeper County or even Augusta.
These broad reports matter for Charlottesville, Albemarle, Greene, Nelson, Louisa, and Fluvanna. And your market is likely a sub-sub-sub-market within one of those counties.
I’m a broken record, I know, and I’m posting these reports here as much for you as for me – my site is way more googleable than my brain.
- Greater Charlottesville Area Market report
- Albemarle County market report
- City of Charlottesville market report
- Greene County market report
- Nelson County market report
- Fluvanna County market report
- Overall area market report