This weekend I had the opportunity to meet with two different buyers, both of whom are going to be Medical Residents at UVA, and I hope I listened well.
1) “Your blog is very helpful – more-so than your website.” While somewhat difficult to hear, this reflects the changing dynamics of how people search for homes. Buyers and sellers can search for homes anywhere; finding the information interpreted in a cogent way seems to be more challenging to find.
2) Email cannot replace interviewing Buyer’s Agents face-to-face – but having a blog can help, as that Buyer has the opportunity to learn more about who that agent is.
3) I have a new project – a flow chart depicting the various steps of the home-buying process.
4) People notice when you listen and take notes (which I do).
5) When I am meeting with Buyers or Sellers, I look at the initial meeting as a job interview, and I hope that they do too. Not taking anything for granted – ever – is crucial to success.
As a side-note, Jott has been an excellent addition to my business. Now I don’t have an excuse for not “jotting down” ideas or meetings – now I just have to implement these ideas.