When I’m evaluating the Charlottesville area real estate market for my own professional edification and for my clients’ best interests, it’s crucial to be cognizant of national trends.* Here’s some of what I’m reading right now:
– $4 Gasoline, Again. I agree with Bill when he says, “I think high gasoline prices are the top risk for the U.S. economy right now.”
– Increasing Gas Prices and its impact on real estate – I’ve been saying this. For. Years.
– Down payment proposal could make a mountain out of a mortgage Requiring 20% down payments on all loans would dramatically reduce the buyer pool, and thus demand. And likely lead to lower prices and significantly lower volume of transactions.
– When I’m in the mood to enjoy some Maker’s Mark, drive my blood pressure higher and get interminably frustrated and feel impotent, I think I’ll rent “Inside Job”.
* I still hold firm to the opinion that national real estate data trends – national levels of inventory, sales, volume, etc. – are irrelevant when discussing any local real estate market.