Updated December 2018
A little help would be appreciated.¦ I know there are more out there. Where are the best Christmas lights in Charlottesville?
So far, here’s the list
- Holiday Light Shows at IX Art Park
- Agnese Street in Charlottesville
Mountain View Street in Charlottesville– Dark Christmas: Lights go out on Mountain View Street
- Fairway Avenue in Charlottesville
- Elliot Avenue in Charlottesville
- Western Ridge neighborhood in Crozet
- Old Trail neighborhood in Crozet
- Preddy Creek neighborhood in Ruckersville
- Westhall neighborhood in Crozet
If you’re interested, these are the some of the best places to get Christmas trees in the Charlottesville area, and this story explains and dispels some of the mythology around Dr. Seuss, the Grinch, Hooville and Charlottesville.
Bonus: If you’re looking for homes/neighborhoods in the Charlottesville area, this is a great time to drive around and get a feel of the neighborhoods.
Update 18 December 2011 – Gary Kriebel sent me the following map (his GPS cut out a little bit at the end) and this kml file (download it and open it in Google Earth) of his family’s trip around Charlottesville on the Gingerbread Express, a tour put on by the Downtown Business Assocation. While it looks like the tour itself is over, you can take it yourself using the map below :
Update 23 December 2011:
Donna sent in these pics (not the map … I’m having wordpress issues) –