A little help would be appreciated â€¦ I know there are more out there. Where are the best Christmas lights in Charlottesville?
View Best Christmas Lights in the Charlottesville area in a larger map
So far, here’s the list:
– Agnese Street in Charlottesville
– Mountain View Street in Charlottesville
– Fairway Avenue in Charlottesville
– Elliot Avenue in Charlottesville
– Western Ridge neighborhood in Crozet
– Old Trail neighborhood in Crozet
– Preddy Creek neighborhood in Ruckersville
– Westhall neighborhood in Crozet
If you’re interested, these are the some of the best places to get Christmas trees in the Charlottesville area, and this story explains and dispels some of the mythology around Dr. Seuss, the Grinch, Hooville and Charlottesville.
Update 18 December â€¦ a Gary Kriebel sent me the following map (his GPS cut out a little bit at the end) and this kml file (download it and open it in Google Earth) of his family’s trip around Charlottesville on the Gingerbread Express, a tour put on by the Downtown Business Assocation. While it looks like the tour itself is over, you can take it yourself using the map below :
Update 20 December – I took a few photos, in part because I’m testing my new Nexus Galaxy phone.
Update 23 December 2011:
Donna sent in these pics (not the map … I’m having wordpress issues) –