As promised last week and with apologies for the delay, this is the breakdown by price range of sold properties in Charlottesville and Albemarle for the first quarters of 2004-2008.
The $400,000 to $750,000 price range seems more stable than the rest, but take into account the following caveats –
* This is for all properties – single family, attached (townhomes) and condos.
* The data is from the CAAR MLS, and the data is only as accurate as those entering it.
* This is just for sold properties; I do analyses of inventory levels, absorption rates and number and percentage of under contract and withdrawn (likely due to rental) properties for my clients or for “paid-for” deeper analyses.
* Deeper analysis also takes into account days on market as well as whether Dual Agency was involved in specific sales.
* Google Docs is getting far better and easier to use than either Excel or NeoOffice.
* Foreclosures in the Charlottesville area are most likely excluded from the MLS data.
For an example of the condo trends in the Central Virginia region, see this chart:
* For some reason, I couldn’t figure out how to display the years in the legend, so I worked around it a bit.