Why buy? Why rent? How to choose an ethical real estate agent or mortgage broker? What is quality inventory? Richmond Sunlight, the General Assembly and real estate. And lots, lots more. An hour of live radio goes fast. Prepping for said show takes hours. What follows are some show notes, links, supporting stories and more. If you’re interested in buying or selling in the Charlottesville area in 2013, I sincerely think this would way to spend an hour of your time.
As always, we cover a lot of ground in an hour. I do apologize; I spent an hour this morning listening to the show, researching links, putting said links in chronological order, previewed the story and *poof* it disappeared. So this story is a bit less than intended.
Perhaps my personal favorite parts are the (at 16:50) “how you say ‘wait, don’t buy that now'” when your incomes depend on sales? And then we touch on (24:30) how the consumer has a responsibility to vet the people they hire. (if you want the questions I provide my prospective clients, ask me).
Supporting and background links and stories we mentioned in the show –
– Property assessments’ relation to market value
– Sellers, what does it mean to figure out where you sit in the market context?
Some of the other stuff I read and had on hand for the show:
– Some Comments on Housing Starts – Calculated Risk
– US homebuilding is booming â€“ and so are foreclosures for struggling owners – The Guardian
– The Future’s So Brignt â€¦ – Calculated Risk
– Virginia Unemployment Statistics
– Analysis: More Americans leave parental nest in boost for housing – Reuters
– Rushing Into a Mortgage Can Prove Costly – NYTimes