Last week I posted Posts with Enduring Interest – Take Two – Just for Buyers; this week it’s the same post but for Sellers. When speaking to clients or potential clients I find that I refer to this blog frequently; having written for
This is one of my favorite posts I have ever written due to its simplicity – There are No Little Deals
There are no little deals.
Every transaction is a huge transaction for the buyer, and usually the seller, too.
Dismissing the â€œlittleâ€ deals as such is detrimental to everybody involved. We were all, at some point, a â€œlittle dealâ€ ourselves.
– Dual Agency – Who Benefits? Answer: The Realtor.
– Sold Comps Now Matter Less (written in February of 2007 and it’s as true today as it was then)
– Will Sellers Believe us Now? With regards to print advertising’s ineffectiveness
– Words all home sellers and listing agents should read – on print advertising, effective pricing and pictures.
– Sellers are Watching – and commenting – Sellers – make sure you check the MLS listing for your home – and tell your Realtor to fix it if he/she doesn’t post enough photos! (The Charlottesville MLS now allows 50 photos!)
– Great questions for a seller to ask when interviewing a Realtor to represent you in the marketing and sale of your home/investment property/land – you’re hiring someone to represent your best interests (and will likely pay him/her a fair amount of money to do so); shouldn’t you ask a few questions first?
– Required Reading for Sellers – On pricing among other things
– An interesting post regarding photos in the MLS from a consumer’s perspective –
In Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Nelson and Louisa –
There are currently (as of 2 September 2008) 2,550 properties currently on the market (almost exactly the same number as June of 2007).
263 have only one photo
2234 have multiple photos
53 have no photos (16 are new construction)
If you like what you’re reading, please subscribe to this blog and please contact me with any questions you might have.