The next COVID-19 lockdown, if and when that happens, will be an opportunity to showcase some of the things we’ve learned and innovated since the first lockdown.
UVA students are coming back, Albemarle and Charlottesville have just instituted “COVID-19 protocols 1.5” and we have some interesting times ahead of us.
- Video is commonplace now,
- Limited in person showings are common,
- More drive-by previews before scheduling showings,
- Not touching things
- Wearing masks and gloves
- More detailed vetting by buyers of their own needs
- Sellers are more flexible (and stringent) with showings.
- People – agents, clients, lenders, attorneys, inspectors, appraisers – are more empathetic throughout the process. We’re all dealing with this pandemic.
We might very well shut down again. If we do, I’m confident the real estate market will continue to evolve and innovate as we need to.