Who are the major employers in Charlottesville? Asked another way, as was by a client, how do people afford buying houses in Charlottesville?
I asked the Nest Charlottesville minds to help add to my list.
- UVA ecosystem – School, Medical School, Maintenance, etc
- Martha Jefferson Hospital
- CFA Institute
- Apex Clean Energy
- State Farm
- Construction industry – residential & commercial
- S & P Global (neé SNL)
- Local government
- Educators in Charlottesville & Albemarle schools
- Northrup Grumman
Who are we missing?
Quick Update – CvillePedia has a nice list as well.
“1. University of Virginia/Blue Ridge Hospital
2. University of Virginia Medical Center
3. County of Albemarle
4. Sentara Healthcare
5. UVa Physicians Group (UVa Health Services Foundation)
6. City of Charlottesville
7. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance
8. Charlottesville City School Board
9. U.S. Department of Defense
10. WorldStrides (Lakeland Tours)
SOURCE: Virginia Employment Commission”